C3AG History

No Video



The C3AG Story

Calvary Christian Center Assemblies of God


In 1935 a small group of Pentecostal believers desired to establish a Full Gospel church on the south side of Louisville. Under the leadership of Rev. Russell Pottorff, Calvary Full Gospel Tabernacle was established on Collins Ct. Due to damage from the 1937 flood, the church was forced to find a new location to worship. In June of 1939, the congregation purchased a building at 4th and M streets for $3,500.


On April 13, 1939, a business meeting was called to set Calvary Assembly of God in order as an Assemblies of God Fellowship. Rev. O. E. Nash and Rev. T. E. Gannon presided. Mr. Jacob Gruner (Dr. Leroy Gruner’s father), Mr. J. A. Hodges, and Mr. Albert Risen were chosen as the first official board.


Rev. Pottorff resigned as Pastor in Sept. of 1940. Two Pastors served as Pastor and District Superintendent for the Kentucky District.

  1. Rev. J. J. Humphries
  2. Rev. Allen C. Trimble


Due to the growth experienced in the small building on 4th and M, a new location was needed. Under the direction of Pastor Roscoe Russell, a facility was acquired at 4049 S. 5th street. The facility was purchased from the Jefferson County Board of Education for $25,501.00.

The dedication of this building was held on May 10, 1964.


As the years passed, God blessed Calvary with many gifted and anointed ministers. The church renovated the Sanctuary just before Pastor David Lewis and his family were called in May of 1988. The building on 5th street, then over 100 years old, needed too much repair. After much prayer, the church voted to sell the building on 5th Street in May 2003.

For three years, the church met in a temporary location where the church took on a very close family atmosphere.

At that time, the church voted to change the name to Calvary Christian Center, Assembly of God (C3AG).


In June 2007, Calvary began renting a beautiful new facility at 10710 Taylorsville Road.


God once again blessed the church when He opened the door for the church to purchase the 17,000 sq ft building and 9 acres of property in April of 2008. Pastor and Sister Lewis celebrated their 20th Anniversary as Pastors as a part of the dedication service. Sis. Anna Snyder was also honored for 60 years as a Sunday School teacher.

The education wing of the new building is named in her honor.


In May of 2013, on his 25th anniversary, Dr. David Lewis stepped down as Senior Pastor. Pastor Darren, serving as Youth/Worship Pastor, was unanimously elected to succeed his father, becoming the church’s Lead Pastor on June 2, 2013. Pastor Darren’s vision is to build C3AG into a strong mission-minded, multicultural church with ministry locations throughout the community. We will see this accomplished in the coming years with God’s blessing.
During these years, God has allowed us to minister to people worldwide and has called many into full-time ministry.

38 Nations

At this time, we have 38 nations/cultures as a part of our church. We desire to provide a place of worship for Spirit-filled believers from all over the world.

God has given us a rich heritage, and we are thankful for all He has done in and through our church family.

Main Service

10:30AM  - 12:15PM


1:00PM  -  3:00PM


6:00PM  -  8:00PM


6:00PM  -  8:00PM

Eldon, MO

9:30AM  - 11:30AM

Most services times are EST. Missouri is CST. Email or Call: 1-502-297-0056